Pu'olo Handbag PDF Pattern
This is a moderately advanced pattern. This is NOT suitable for a beginner. Unlike some of my other patterns it can be sewn on a domestic machine. The internal zipper pocket and hardware can be a little tricky for someone new to sewing bags.
As you can see from the sample photos the straps can be changed for different looks. This is just an all around fun bag to make and wear!
- 15"wide, 12"tall, 5" deep
- Zipper across the top
- 1 Internal zippered pocket
- 2 adjustable side straps
- Half a yard (18”x42”) of a medium weight fabric or quilt cotton and SF101 fused together.
- Half yard (18”x 26”) of a medium weight fabric or quilt cotton and fusible fleece. Home décor fabrics as well as hand woven baby are wonderful options!
- Half a Yard (18”x30”) of a firm material such as cork fabric, vinyl, or leather. You could use a lighter fabric, like quilt cotton, with SF101 and Décor bond fused to it.
- Fat Quarter (18”x22”) of a medium weight fabric that matches your accent or body fabrics.
- 3”x9” of card stock of medium weight Bontex.
- 16” Zipper
- 9” Zipper
- 1 Zipper End
- (1”Swivel clips) x 2
- (1” Sliders) x 2
- (1” D-rings) x 8
- (Grommet O-ring Strap Hanger) x 4
- (3/4th” Purse Chain) 12” in total cut into four 3” lengths
Hardware kits can be purchased from Sew Da Kine
Special Thanks to all my wonderful testers!
I have been making and selling Pu’olo handbags for a couple of years now. Without your help I never would have been able to make a coherent pattern that others can follow!
Katherine Everdina Fay of Huff n’ Cuffs
Kathy S Evans of Kathy's Custom Creations
Vivian Johnson of Crafty Frog Designs
Lynn Cove St. Andrews
We Also Recommend